JOB TITLE: PROCESSING/DEVICE ENGINEER
Posting date: 11/13/2018
Location: Austin, TX 78759
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be primarily focused on development of InP based mid-infrared quantum cascade laser devices.
- Nano- and micro-fabrication of InP based quantum cascade lasers
- Characterization of InP based quantum cascade lasers including light-current-voltage, emission wavelength, etc.
- Assisting program leads and principal investigators in directed research tasks
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering or Physics) with fundamental understanding on physics and fabrication processes of semiconductor optoelectronic devices (quantum cascade lasers a plus).
- At least 2 years of experience working in a clean room environment for fabrication of III-V semiconductor optoelectronic devices (quantum cascade lasers a plus).
- Hands-on experience in nano- and micro- fabrication including e-beam lithography, photo-lithography, wet and dry etching, dielectric deposition, and metal deposition.
- Hands-on experience in characterization of III-V optoelectronic devices (quantum cascade lasers a plus).
- Familiar with finite element solvers such as COMSOL, CST, or Lumerical.
- Ability to write technical documentation and procedures.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Sick pay
- Salary range: $65,000 ~ $85,000
- The initial appointment is for one year starting immediately and is renewable based on mutual consent, satisfactory performance, and funding availability.
To apply the position, please send resume to: email@example.com