JOB TITLE: DEVICE ENGINEER
Posting date: 3/9/2021
Location: Austin, TX 78757
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be primarily focused on development of InP based Photonic Integrated Circuits.
- Nano- and micro-fabrication of III-V semiconductor lasers and PIC devices
- Characterization of III-V semiconductor lasers and PIC devices
- Assisting program leads and principal investigators in directed research tasks
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in a relevant discipline including physics, electrical, mechanical, chemical, or material science/engineering.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working in a clean room environment for fabrication of InP, GaAs, or GaSb based lasers and LEDs. (Experience at MRC Clean room, UT Austin a Plus)
- Must have hands-on experience in nano- and micro- fabrication including e-beam lithography, photo-lithography, wet and dry etching, dielectric deposition, and metal deposition and solid understanding in semiconductor fabrication process.
- Must have hands-on experience in characterization of III-V optoelectronic devices. (Experience with Quantum Cascade Lasers a Plus)
- Proficiency with LabView, Python, and MATLAB.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write technical reports and procedures.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States. (REQUIRED due to data security policy)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Sick pay
- Retirement matching
- 40 hours per week
- Salary range: $25/hour ~ $45/hour (Negotiable based on qualification)
- The initial appointment is for 12 months starting immediately and is renewable based on mutual consent, satisfactory performance, and funding availability.
To apply the position, please send resume to: email@example.com